Horticulture & Local Foods Resources
- Farmers Market Information for Overland Park - Overland Park, Kansas
- Guidance for Farmers Markets - Kansas Department of Agriculture
- Gardening with Kids!
- How to Build a Low-Cost Handwashing Station - University of Minnesota
- In the Time of COVID-19, Customer Safety Sells - Penn State University
Beginning May 13, we will accept soil samples at the Johnson County Extension Office. Here are a few things you will want to know:
- Please bring two cups of soil in a resealable, quart-size plastic bag.
- Write your name and phone number on the outside of the bag.
- Print off and fill out a soil test request form to accompany your sample.
- Once you arrive at the office, leave your sample with your complete form in the box labeled "Soil," outside the Extension door in the lobby. Staff will collect the samples throughout the day.
- Johnson County residents receive a free soil test each calendar year.
- If you would like to purchase an additional sample, you are welcomed to do so. If paying with cash, at this time we will only accept exact payment. Checks can be made out to Johnson County Extension. Credit/debit is still accepted at the office.
- You can also mail in your sample.
AnnouncementsExtension Master Gardener Application is now open.
The May 15-16 Public Garden Tour has also been cancelled.