Johnson County K-State Extension
Do you need a speaker for your church, civic group or garden club? We have the speakers you are looking for on just about any topic. The Johnson County Extension Speakers' Bureau is a great resource for your club or group.
Our Extension agents, Extension Master Gardener Volunteers and Master Food Volunteers are university trained and can present on a wide range of topics such as:
- nuisance wildlife control,
- home insect control,
- Emerald Ash Borer and Ash trees,
- perennial flower gardening,
- lawn care,
- small business and community development,
- clutter busting,
- basic organizational skills,
- basic budgeting,
- wise use of credit,
- food safety and nutrition,
- healthy tips in the kitchen
- sleep: want it, need it, how to get it.
We can adapt our presentations to meet your group’s needs; from a short 20-minute presentation to a longer format, if needed. While there are no fees for a volunteer speaker, a donation to Johnson County Extension or the chosen volunteer organization is appreciated.
To schedule a speaker for your group, please contact the office. For more information on this service, call (913) 715-7000.