Johnson County K-State Extension
Do you need a speaker for your church, civic group or garden club? We have the speakers you are looking for on just about any topic. The Johnson County Extension Speakers' Bureau is a great resource for your club or group.
Our Extension agents, Extension Master Gardener Volunteers, Extension Master Naturalists and Master Food Volunteers are university trained and can present on a wide range of topics such as:
- Nuisance wildlife control,
- Home insect control,
- Emerald Ash Borer and Ash trees,
- Perennial flower gardening,
- Lawn care,
- Small business and community development,
- Clutter busting,
- Basic organizational skills,
- Basic budgeting,
- Wise use of credit,
- Food safety and nutrition,
- Healthy tips in the kitchen
- Sleep: want it, need it, how to get it.
- Pollinators, Bugs, Butterflies
- Environmental Issues
We can adapt our presentations to meet your group’s needs; from a short 20-minute presentation to a longer format, if needed. While there are no fees for a volunteer speaker, a donation to Johnson County Extension or the chosen volunteer organization is appreciated.
To schedule a speaker for your group, please contact the office. For more information on this service, call (913) 715-7000.