Composting Yard Waste
Fallen leaves, grass clippings, shrubbery trimmings and other landscape products, so-called “yard waste,” can be transformed into a valuable resource called compost. Compost improves the structure and moisture retention of most garden soils. By recycling yard wastes at home, you can reduce the amount of solid waste entering landfills. These efforts benefit the entire community and ultimately benefit your landscape.
Johnson County Extension Gardeners Resources
- Composting: Choosing a Bin
- Composting: How Long Does it Take
- Composting: Making Black Gold
- Composting: Tips for Success
- Composting: Troubleshooting
- Composting: Two Common Methods
- Composting: What to Add
- Composting: Where to Use It
Extension Speakers Bureau
Extension Master Gardeners who are certified Master Composters are available to speak to civic and garden groups. Contact the office for details.