Johnson County Extension Education Foundation Announces Grant Opportunity for 2019
Our mission is to support education through Extension.
Our purpose is to support the Johnson County Extension Service by:
- promoting awareness of the services and educational programs to citizens of all ages in Johnson County,
- encouraging educational and research programming, and
- developing and recruiting financial support.
Grant Request Procedure
The Foundation is making funding available to assist with individual or group projects. These projects should have a strong educational component and be consistent with the mission of the Foundation.
Who May Apply
Anyone who is affiliated with Johnson County K-State Research and Extension may apply. This would include staff, volunteers, or any program participant.
Deadline: Postmarked through February 28, 2019
Potential grantees must submit a grant request no longer than two pages, answering all of the following questions.
- The purpose of the grant (what does the organization/individual want to do/goals and objectives)
- How much money is being requested?
- How will the grant be spent? Attach a detailed budget showing itemized expenses.
- What geographic area(s) will benefit from this grant?
- Who will it impact? Describe the target population and how many will be served.
- Dates of this project?
- What are the expected outcomes (specific benefits to those served) and how will it be evaluated?
- Are you collaborating with other groups/individuals on this project?
- How will Johnson County K-State Research and Extension be promoted by this project?
- Have you received funding for this grant request from other sources? If so, please give details.
In addition to the above questions, include the following information with you grant request:
- Applicant/Group Name (If group, provide contact name),
- Phone Number, and
- E-mail Address
Mail completed application to:
Johnson County Extension Education Foundation
11811 South Sunset Dr, Ste 1500
Olathe, KS 66061
Or e-mail Tara.Markley@jocogov.org
The Grant Review Process
Submission Deadline: The Foundation will accept grant requests postmarked through March 4, 2016. The Board may request to meet with applicants to review requests. Applicants will be notified in writing, following the decision of the Foundation Board, the status of their requests by March 11, 2016.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Tara Markley, county Extension director, at the Johnson County Extension office 913-715-7000, Tara.Markley@jocogov.org
Upon completion of your project, or by the end of the calendar year of receipt of grant funds, a summary report and photos are due to the Foundation outlining actual outcomes of the project including benefits received by those served, number of people served in the target population, collaborative efforts with other groups and how Johnson County K-State Research and Extension was promoted. Photos may be used for future promotional purposes and are encouraged to be included with your final report