Johnson County Extension Education Foundation Grant Opportunity
Our mission is to support education through Extension.
Our purpose is to support the Johnson County Extension Service by:
- promoting awareness of the services and educational programs to citizens of all ages in Johnson County,
- encouraging educational and research programming, and
- developing and recruiting financial support.
JCEEF Grant Information
The Johnson County Extension Education Foundation (JCEEF) was organized in 1997. It raises funds for Johnson County Extension. Extension serves the community as a whole with low cost or free programming developed to help special needs and underserved audiences.
The Foundation is an advocate for Extension in our community.
Your contribution benefits the community by helping us extend information into the hands of our residents. Such as:
- Funding background checks on 4-H volunteers to protect youth members
- Free income tax preparation for qualified Johnson County residents
- Supplement nutrition-based education curriculum for Johnson County teachers
- Furnish equipment and signage to support the maintenance of eight public gardens in the county, including Deanna Rose Farmstead and the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
- Signage and supplies for creating the Grace Community garden serving English as a second language residents.
2024 Grant Application Process
2024 grant applications are due February 12, 2024. The Foundation is making funding available to assist with individual or group projects. These projects should have a strong educational component and be consistent with the mission of the Foundation. Anyone who is affiliated with Johnson County K-State Research and Extension may apply. This would include staff, volunteers, or any program participant.
Mail completed paper applications to:
Johnson County Extension Education Foundation
11811 South Sunset Dr, Ste 1500
Olathe, KS 66061
Or e-mail Tara.Markley@jocogov.org
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Tara Markley, county Extension director, at the Johnson County Extension office 913-715-7000, Tara.Markley@jocogov.org
2023 Grant Recipients Information
Upon completion of your project, or by the end of the calendar year of receipt of grant funds, a summary report and photos are due to the Foundation outlining actual outcomes of the project including benefits received by those served, number of people served in the target population, collaborative efforts with other groups and how Johnson County K-State Research and Extension was promoted. Photos may be used for future promotional purposes and are encouraged to be included with your final report