1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Johnson County
  4. »Natural Resources
  5. »Pond Management

Johnson County

Research-based Information You Can Trust — Localized for your needs

Johnson County
11811 S. Sunset Drive
Suite 1500
Olathe, KS 66061

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday,
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

(913) 715-7000
(913) 715-7005 fax

Map to our office

K-State Research and Extension is committed to making its services, activities and programs accessible to all participants. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting Johnson County Extension at (913)715-7000. Notify staff of accommodation needs as early as possible.

Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service

K-State Research and Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Pond Management

Farm, Neighborhood and Commercial Pond Management

When you think of farm ponds, you might picture clear, open rural waters used for fishing, swimming and watering livestock.

When you think of neighborhood ponds, you're probably thinking of those bodies of water found in suburban subdivisions and maintained through homeowner associations.

But then, there are also those ponds located on many commercial properties, business parks and shopping centers.

Common pond problems

Whether you are a:

  • Small acreage landowner who wants to build or improve a private pond,
  • Suburban homeowner with questions about a pond in a housing development, or a
  • Commercial property manager charged with maintaining a pond,

our goal is to address all of the common pond problems you may be facing and offer solutions.

For information on managing ponds in Johnson County, Kansas, click on a link below:

Contact Us

Amy Keigher

Natural Resources Agent


This site is made possible with funding from:

The Johnson County Stormwater Management Program.