1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Johnson County
  4. »Health and Nutrition
  5. »Food Safety

Johnson County

Research-based Information You Can Trust — Localized for your needs

Johnson County
11811 S. Sunset Drive
Suite 1500
Olathe, KS 66061

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday,
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

(913) 715-7000
(913) 715-7005 fax
jo@listserv.ksu.eduMap to our office

Kansas State University is committed to making its services, activities and programs accessible to all participants. If you have special requirements due to a physical, vision, or hearing disability, contact Johnson County K-State Research and Extension, 913-715-7000.

Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service

K-State Research and Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Food Safety

If you have a problem with a food product in Kansas, contact...

The Kansas Department of Agriculture and Kansas Department of Health & Environment just launched "Food Safety Kansas" at www.foodsafetykansas.org/. Here you can report an illness caused by a restaurant, food item, or from an event. You can also report a problem with a restaurant that did NOT cause an illness.

Kansas Department of Agriculture - Please call (785) 564-6767 or email fsl@kda.ks.gov if you have a complaint relating to food from a restaurant, school, senior meal site, retail food store, food service establishment in a retail food store, food manufacturer, or ice cream truck.




4-H and Fairs

Cooking Outdoors


Farmers Market

Food Handling & Storage

Food Preparation

Food Waste


Organic Foods

Contact Us

Crystal Futrell
Family and Consumer Sciences Agent