Johnson County Extension Master Gardener Public Garden Tour 2024
The Garden Tour returns May 17 and 18, 2024. Hosted by the Johnson County K-State Research and Extension Master Gardeners (EMGs), this beloved biennial event is your chance to peek inside and tour six of the most beautiful private gardens in Kansas City. This year, in addition to the six wonderful gardens, we have expanded the tour and will be offering a Demonstation Garden and Extension Expo with educational stations, as well as the Garden Thyme Marketplace garden themed shopping at the Demonstration Garden.
There are a few changes to this year’s tour.
- Tickets go on sale starting April 1, Electronic tickets will be available to purchase online on our website. Paper tickets will be available ONLY at the Extension Office. Early bird price will be $25. After May 1, the price will be $30.
- The Tour will be primarily paperless.When you purchase your ticket, you will receive information on how to digitally view, or print at home if you prefer, information about each garden. You will receive addresses and a map of the gardens locations. Also available digitally will be educational fact sheets on topics such as irrigation, peonies, trellising plants, tomatoes, sedums. and small spaces in the garden.
- We encourage carpooling to the gardens.
The tour takes place rain or shine. No pets or strollers. No refunds on unused tickets. We hope you enjoy these gardens as much as we do and hope to see you on the tour!
Gardens for 2024
- The Ecklund Garden-Wild for Plants (& Wildcats, Too)
- The Livingston Garden-Step Into the Shade
- The O'Neill Garden-Art in the Garden
- The Rosche' Garden-A Touch of Glass
- The Weishaar Garden-Petite Pizazz
- The Patton Garden-A Meaningful Collection
- Garden Gallery Demonstration Garden and Garden Thyme Marketplace-coming soon
Why We're Different
Our garden tour is unique! Each garden is owned and maintained by one of our EMGs. By opening up these private gardens to the public you get a rare chance to wander through your neighbor's backyard and see and learn from local experts. Information about each garden and educational fact sheets full of practical tips and ideas will be accessible digitally.
Ask the Experts
We welcome your questions as we want you to learn from your experience. The garden owners and our university-trained EMG volunteers will be available throughout the tour to answer all your questions.
We are confident you will discover a gem that appeals to your individual taste. Take time to stop, look, listen, photograph and enjoy! We encourage pictures!
Biennial — Every other year
You don’t want to miss your chance to enjoy these private gardens. You'll come away dreaming of all the simple things you can do to transport your own landscape from dull to delightful. years.
Shop Our Garden Boutique - Available in 2024:
While on the tour, you will have the opportunity to visit our Garden Thyme Marketplace, which will be staged at our Extension Expo and Garden Gallery Demonstration Garden. Back by popular demand are hand-cast concrete leaves and steppingstones. New this year are decorative mosaic mushrooms, beaded plant stakes, floral plant containers, tool bucket caddies, hand-painted garden art poles, insect houses, and so much more will be available.