Knowledge for Life
Knowledge for Life is written by our agents. Each issue is full of timely articles on topics pertaining to the season of the year and Extension events.
To sign up for our email newsletter Knowledge for Life click here.
K-State policy prohibits the sharing or selling of your address information.
- January 2019: Radon, Bobcats, Norovirus & Naturalists in Johnson County!
- February 2019: Income Tax Help, New Hort Agent, Prune KC Trees
- March 2019: Trendy diet or healthy eating?; Caring for the caregiver; Sign-up for Walk Kansas;
Spring lawn commandments; News for aspiring growers; Skip fertilizer for native species
- April 2019: Saving pollinators; Ornamental grass care; April 6 Healthy Yards Expo:
Baking tips; Passing on heirlooms; Praising kids
- May 2019: Milkweed for monarchs; Heuchera addiction; Slow tools for small gardens
College debt; Avoid sugars in fruit and milk?; Camp memories
- January 2018: Radon in Johnson County; Your Landscape Needs Watering
- February 2018: Lower your blood pressure; free tax-prep in JoCo;
- March 2018: Breaking the Sitting Habit; Maximize Thrift Store Shopping
- April 2018: April in Johnson County; To our volunteers; You're invited
- May 2018: Boost brain power; Fox in your JoCo backyard;
- June 2018: Ticks in JoCo; Brain Fitness; Evergreen Care; U-Pick Fresh Fruit
- July 2018: KC urban wildlife; Summer watering; Healthy vacations; Vegetable care
- August 2018: Family Fun: Johnson County Fair;
Extension's role with the fair
- September 2018: Fertilize JoCo lawns now (why & how);
Kids & homework; the Farm Bill & you
- October 2018: Is your indoor air scary; Reduce
your energy costs; Apple season
- November 2018:
- December: Holiday Greenery; Get Active This Winter; Which is the Right Ice-Melts
- January 2017: Radon gas in Johnson County soils
- February 2017: Growing vegetables & native plants
- March 2017: Why play is important to developing brains
- April 2017: Pruning hydrangeas in KC; growing vegetables in containers
- May 2017: Are itch mites back? Designing for dogs.
- June 2017: Ticks in Johnson County; Carpenter bees
- July 2017: Watering Hot Lawns; Radon in Johnson County
- August 2017: Ten reasons for attending the county fair; Freezer food safety
- September 2017: Fertilize JoCo lawns now; Improve memory; Come to our party
- October 2017: Growing grass in shade; Fall insect invasion
- November 2017: Organic Does Not Mean Pesticide-free
- December 2017: Give us your feedback; December tips; Another job opening
- January: Creating Winter Fun
- February: Tax preparation solutions. And Valentine's Day.
- March: Spring in KC: Pruning trees & shrubs
- April: What should you do with orphaned wildlife?
- May 2016: Peek inside your neighbor's backyard
- June 2016: Farm to Table offers local fresh foods and family fun
- July 2016: Mosquitoes in KC. Grubs in the Lawn.
- August 2016: Oak Gall and Oak Itch Mites: worse than chiggers?
- September 2016: Why September is so Critical for Summer-stressed KC Lawns
- October 2016: These five things can help prevent the flu
- November 2016: Why it's important to remove fall leaves off your yard
- December 2016: Thriving the holidays and preparing for winter