Senior Health Insurance Counseling for Kansas (SHICK)
SHICK is a free program offering Kansans the opportunity to talk with trained volunteers and get answers to questions about Medicare and other insurance issues. SHICK counselors throughout the state can assist people to stay informed on changing conditions in health care insurance and to cut through the confusion.
Counselors do not work for any insurance company. The goal is to educate and assist the public to make informed decisions on what’s best for them.
Trained counselors provided free, unbiased and confidential assistance with your Medicare questions and issues.
What SHICK offers:
- Part D Prescription drug coverage
- Part C Advantage Plans
- Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)
- Applying for Extra Help for prescription drugs
- Applying for Medicare Savings Program for Medicare premiums
- Employment and Medicare
- Disability and Medicare
- Other health insurance issues
SHICK Phone Numbers:
SHICK State: 1-800-860-5260
SHICK Johnson County Area Agency on Aging: 1-785-521-3315
SHICK Johnson County K-State Research and Extension: 1-913-715-7000
Johnson County K-State Research and Extension sets up appointments. To schedule, call 913-715-7000.
- Sunset Drive Office Building 11811 S. Sunset Drive Office Building (Suite 1500) Olathe, KS 66212
- Johnson County Northeast Office Building 6000 Lamar Ave (Conference Room 500) Mission, KS
Monday, November 13, 2023
Shawnee Civic Centre 13817 Johnson Drive, Shawnee, KS 66216
New to Medicare classes are listed on our Classes & Events page.
SHICK educates the public and assists consumers on topics related to Medicare and health insurance so they can make informed decisions.
This mission is accomplished by:
- Information and education
- One-on-one counseling
- Screening and enrollment assistance for low income Medicare beneficiaries into Part D Extra Help and Medicare Savings Program
Grant Program Award:
East Central Kansas Area Agency on Aging
Johnson County Area Agency on Aging