Home and Family
Formerly known as Home Economics, the mission of Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) is to link education with life experiences to help people improve their lives, their families and their communities. Johnson County employs two FCS agents who are responsible for their assigned program content; Home and Family, and Nutrition and Health.
Many circumstances can lead to an abrupt reduction in income: a factory layoff or cutback, loss of a job, reduced farm income, or loss of a second income from a spouse. Just the threat of any of these situations is a serious blow to individuals and families struggling to survive economically in difficult times. The fact sheets in this series can help you begin to find your way when your income drops.
When Your Income Drops: Don't Panic -- Take Control
When Your Income Drops: Making Ends Meet
When Your Income Drops: Coping With Stress
When Your Income Drops: Community and Family Resources
When Your Income Drops: Sharpening Survival Skills
Denise Dias is our Home and Family agent. She specializes in
- Budgeting and Basic Record Keeping
- Cleaning Healthy, Cleaning Green
- Clothing, Sewing and Laundry Education - Beginner Quilting Interest (form)
- Cut the Clutter and Get Organized (video)
- Essential Living Skills Programs
- Hoarding: The Impact of Compulsive Keepers
- Radon Awareness Program for Kansas
- Aging Programs
No matter what you need, stop by, email or give us a call. We're here to help!