Recipe of the Month: Salad in a Jar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup black beans
1 tablespoon feta cheese
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 cups leafy greens
- Pour 1-2 tablespoon salad dressing in bottom.
- Add hard chopped vegetables (carrots, cucumbers, peppers, etc.)
- Add beans, grains, pasta, etc.
- Add cheese and protein
- Add soft vegetables or fruit (avocado, tomato, strawberries, dried cranberries)
- Add nuts, seeds, and lighter grains (almonds, walnuts, quinoa)
- Add salad greens
- Put lid on jar and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Shake the salad in the jar and then empty into a bowl or plate. Toss again gently if needed to fully coat salad with dressing.
Want more great food tips, recipes and nutrition info?
Sign up to receive In Good Health each month in your email inbox.