Recipe of the Month: Mixed Berry Jam
Makes about 6 half-pint jars
4 cups crushed berries (Mix and match your favorite berries!)
4.5 tablespoons RealFruit Classic Pectin
3 cups sugar
Preparing the Jars:
- Wash jars and lids with warm soapy water. Set lids aside.
- Prepare boiling water bath canner.
- Place clean jars in simmering water until ready to use. Do NOT boil.
Making the Jam:
- Combine crushed mixed berries into a large stockpot over high heat.
- Slowly stir in pectin and bring mixture to full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Stir constantly.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Bring mixture to full rolling boil. Boil hard for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Skim foam off top, if necessary.
Canning the Jam:
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars one at a time. Leave 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims.
- Place lids on jars and gently tighten band.
- Place jars in hot water canner. Bring water to a rolling boil and process for 10 minutes. Remember to adjust for altitude!
- Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars from canner and let cool for 12-24 hours.
- Check to make sure lids sealed. If they did not, place jars in refrigerator.
Want more great food tips, recipes and nutrition info?
Sign up to receive In Good Health each month in your email inbox.