Recipe of the Month: Overnight Springtime Oatmeal
1/4 cup dry rolled oats
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
1/2 scoop protein powder
2/3 cup milk (or milk alternative)
Sweeten as desired using honey, agave nectar, stevia or Splenda.
- In a tall 20 oz. glass; add the oats, chia, yogurt, and protein powder.
- Add the milk to cover all ingredients well, stir to combine.
- Add the flavor ingredients of choice and sweeten to taste.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Mix it up and try different fruits! Try strawberries, bananas, or peaches. Frozen fruits and dried fruit can also be used!
- When using milk, use 1% or skim and if using unsweetened almond or soy milk, which is thicker, increase to 3/4 cup.
- Add in almonds or walnuts for different flavor options.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of flax seeds or nut butter for an extra boost of nutrition.
Want more great food tips, recipes and nutrition info?
Sign up to receive In Good Health each month in your email inbox.