Johnson County 4-H Food Fare
The purpose of this event is to provide clubs an opportunity to demonstrate citizenship, food safety, creativity, and food science skills. A representative from the club must sign up with your selected theme and remember, no repeats so be creative!
There are two ways to be involved in Food Fare:
- A Food Fare Booth is organized by a club and relates to the theme. No two Food Fare booths look the same, but booths usually consist of about 3-6 homemade food samples and decorations. Tables and paper supplies are provided by the Extension office and clubs are reimbursed for some, if not all, of the food they purchase. This is a great opportunity for 4-H'ers to get the chance to plan and carry out a menu as well as improve their cooking skills.
- A Food Fare participant gets to visit each booth at their own leisure and taste all the delicious food! It's free to all 4-H families but we do ask that a food donation be brought for the food bank. Families also must preregister so each booth makes sure they make enough food for all attending participants. It's a fun opportunity for the family to get to try tasty food and maybe get some new recipe ideas.
The Food Fare theme for 2022 is Months of the Year.
When: Friday, April 8, 2022 at 6 p.m.
Where: Johnson County Extension office; 11811 S Sunset Drive, Olathe
- To attend Food Fare as a Participant, register HERE.
- Send your club's recipes to email@example.com by March 18.
- Use the publication “Judge’s Guide for Foods and Nutrition Exhibits” for information to help you make informed, safe food exhibit decisions. Find it at https://bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu/pubs/4h488.pdf