Countywide Projects in Johnson County
Countywide projects are open to all enrolled 4-H’ers in Johnson County. Some programs have a separate registration so please contact the Program Leader for details.
Short term, SPIN programs are project specific, introductory experiences open to all youth in the community. For additional opportunities please visit our 4-H SPIN Club page.
Astronomy: The countywide astronomy project has meetings and activities throughout the year. Check in our monthly newsletter Clover Clips for details about upcoming meetings.
Contact: Heather Anderson (email@example.com)
Knitting: The countywide knitting project is open to 4-H'ers of all levels of experience. Contact Sarah to get started.
Contact: Sarah Kallansrud (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sewing: The countywide sewing project usually meets every Thursday, January through July and October and November at the Extension office. It is open to 4-H sewers with all levels of experience. Check in our monthly newsletter Clover Clips for details about upcoming meetings.
Contact: Martha Powell (email@example.com)
Shooting Sports: Some disciplines offer short term SPIN programs. Visit the SPIN Club page for more details.
Contacts: Shooting Sports Coordinators
Tail Waggers Dog Project: The Tail Waggers dog training sessions typically run weekly from January through June and then members actively participate in various 4-H dog shows throughout the summer, including shows during the Johnson County and Kansas State Fairs. Check our monthly newsletter Clover Clips for the most up to date information.
- Donna Holloway (DonnaLHolloway@yahoo.com), (913)433-6752
- Pat Rawitch (913)681-0408
The following contacts are provided as resources to help answer questions pertaining to specific projects. Although they may not offer countywide activities, they are a very helpful resource to provide Johnson County 4-H’ers information regarding project start-up, ideas, supplies, fair judging, and other general information.
Ceramics (Visual Arts):
- Nancy Foltz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Patty Trull (email@example.com)
- Megan Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact: Genevieve Burt (email@example.com)
- Contact: Rhen Schmitt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Contact: Vicky Wallace (email@example.com)
Gardening (Plant Science):
- Contact: Nicky Janzen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Leathercraft (Visual Arts):
- Contact: Randy Cornelius (email@example.com)
- Contact: Samantha Levi (firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-550-2824; text only)
- Contact: Briony Smith (email@example.com), nationally certified rabbit judge
- KS Rabbit Breeders Assoc., www.KSRBA.com
- Contact: Evan Kozlowski (785-280-9029, please text first)
STEM - Astronomy/Rocketry:
- Contact: Hannah Sims (firstname.lastname@example.org)
STEM - CAD/Engineering/Geology/Robotics/Rocketry:
- Contact: Beth Fritts (email@example.com)
STEM - Geocache:
STEM - Welding:
- Contact: Don Lies (firstname.lastname@example.org)
**Makerspace Labs at local libraries**
- The labs provide a space to explore, create, invent, build, and collaborate with others. Equipment and tools are for every skill level. Equipment includes: 3-D printing, embroidery, crafting, large format printing, laser engraving, sewing and a music/sound/recording studio. Cost is free to minimal, but the equipment is free to use. Please sign up for a time slot online.
- Olathe Public Library Indian Creek Branch - https://www.olathelibrary.org/services/makerspace
Johnson County Library - www.jocolibrary.org/makerspace