4-H Volunteers: Recipe for Success
4-H is an organization which depends on volunteers to make it successful. We have been quite fortunate in Johnson County to have a diverse set of volunteers throughout the years. There are some who have been volunteering for over 35 years in the program. Others have decided a short term commitment better fits their need to serve.
This diversity of volunteers allows our program to grow and succeed in bringing positive youth development programs to our county. Below is a recipe which hit home for our programs to remain successful as we grow and try new ideas. Volunteering is sometimes a difficult task but the satisfaction of giving back and developing life skills in a youth is worth the effort.
Recipe for Volunteering: By Naznin Dhanani
- 2 cups of listening
- 1 teaspoon of trust
- 1 1/2 cups of kindness
- 1 tablespoon of communication
- 1 teaspoon of honesty
- 1 tablespoon of compromise
- 2 cups of happiness
- 1 dash of commitment
- 1 cup of responsibility
- 1 cup of patience & laughter
- 2 teaspoons of give and take
- 2 dashes of forgiveness
- 2 tablespoons of appreciation of each other
- 3/4 cup of tolerance
- Combine listening, trust and kindness.
- Mix well.
- Add communication, honesty and compromise.
- Cream happiness, commitment and responsibility until light and fluffy.
- Sift together patience, give and take laughter.
- Fold together gently.
- Add dashes of forgiveness, to taste.
- Top with appreciation and tolerance.
Remembering the essence of volunteering.
Volunteers will need to follow the instructions very carefully to end up with the results you want!