Free Medicare Classes
Every day,10,000 Americans become Medicare eligible, but many do not understand health insurance or Medicare. Insufficient or inaccurate information can lead to late enrollment penalties, gaps in coverage, strained finances and delayed health-care treatment.
Johnson County Extension is offering a series of free classes to help those new to Medicare or help existing participants navigate this oftentimes confusing program.
Location: Johnson County Extension office, 11811 S. Sunset Drive, Olathe Map to office
Medicare Basics is a program to walk new or confused participants through the essentials of Medicare. It covers the basics of Parts A, B, C (Medicare Advantage), D and Medicare supplements (Medigap).
- benefits and costs
- the enrollment process
- enrollment periods and
- various options for coverage
Registration is required
Please click on the date below, or call 913-715-7000 to register.
Medicare Basics Class Dates:
These two classes are free and will be held at the Extension Office. Click the dates to register online or call 913-715-7000
To register for these classes please contact call (913) 831-3359 or register online. There is a fee for these two classes: $3 residents / $4 nonresidents
- Saturday, Oct. 20 / Time: 9 a.m. / Mill Creek Activity Center, 6518 Vista Drive, Shawnee Register online here
- Tuesday, Oct. 30 / Time: 5:30 p.m. / Prairie Village Community Center, 7720 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS 66208 Register online here
DIY Medicare Part D
Want to enroll yourself in your own Medicare Drug plan but just not sure how to navigate through the website? This class will provide step-by-step instructions on using the Medicare Plan Finder so you can select a Medicare prescription drug plan that works best for you.
DIY Medicare Part DClass Dates:
These class is free and will be held at the Extension Office:
- Tuesday, October 9 ⁄ Time: 5:30 – 7pm
To register for this class please contact call (913) 831-3359 or register online. There is a fee for this class: $3 residents / $4 nonresidents
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 / Time: 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. / Roeland Park Community Center (RPCC) 4850 Rosewood Drive, Roeland Park, KS 66205
- To register call 913-831-3355 or register online