Volunteer Opportunities with Johnson County K-State Extension
The Johnson County Extension office would not have nearly the ability to deliver quality educational programming without our volunteers.
Want to Volunteer?
If you are interested in sharing your skills and passion for education then the following volunteer opportunities are available:
- EMFVs are passionate about food, promoting good health and giving back to their communities. Trainees who complete the program requirements become part of a special volunteer team, and participate in various activities of their choosing.
- EMGs come from all walks of life but their common bond is a love of gardening and sharing information throughout the community. EMGs receive a basic training in the disciplines of horticulture. They then volunteer in projects to help Extension promote its educational mission.
- The Johnson County 4-H Youth Development Program depends on adult volunteers to help youth gain the five life skills;
- a positive self concept,
- an inquiring mind,
- a concern for the community,
- healthy interpersonal relationships and
- sound decision making.
- Staff and parents trust these volunteers to have the best interests of young people at heart. Our program would not be nearly as successful as it is without all of our volunteers.
- Kansas Master Naturalists (KMN) are trained volunteers who provide expertise and services for natural resource projects that benefit our community.
- Family and Community Education (FCE) members are volunteer educators who strive to improve our community and the lives of individuals.
- IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals in local communities. All VITA site staff are trained and certified to complete federal income tax returns, as well as returns from any state.