"Displaying a diverse palette of plants for the home landscape."
The purpose of this teaching garden is to display a diverse palette of plants for the home landscape that demonstrates:
- the tried-and-true as well as the new
- environmentally responsible practices
- varieties suitable for local growing conditions
- broader horizons to please the senses throughout the year
Designed, planted and maintained by Johnson County K-State Research and Extension Master Gardeners, the Garden Gallery was established in May 2007. Many different plants were used in pursuit of diversity and were selected for:
- ornamental attributes,
- reduced maintenance,
- and innovative garden design.
A collection of small trees and hardy shrubs are the backbone and primary focus of this garden landscape.
The garden is open year round. Extension Master Gardeners (EMGs) are on-site each Thursday morning during the growing season and are available to answer questions.
The Extension office and EMG Hotline are located in Suite 1500 in the Sunset Drive Office Building, and can further assist visitors.