Johnson County Fair
For more information about the fair visit www.jocokansasfair.com.
To make online entries for the Johnson County Fair click HERE.
An electronic version of the 2020 Johnson County Fair 4-H/FFA Book is available HERE. Please note that the following important changes were made to the Fair Book this year.
Fair Book Changes for 2020
- The following are changes to the schedule:
Livestock Stall Decorations
Saturday 1 p.m.–Sunday
Sheep stall decoration and bedding cannot be placed until Tuesday morning.
Tuesday 8 a.m.-11 a.m.
Beef, Swine, Goat, Sheep
Sheep Grooming Contest
Tuesday 4 p.m.
Rabbits & Poultry Accepted
Tuesday 5 p.m.-9 p.m.
This is the only time that they will be accepted
Wednesday 10 a.m.
Wednesday 12 p.m.
Friday Check-in 12:30 p.m., Event starts at 1 p.m.
Awards will be held at the Memorial Building
Friday Check-in at 6 p.m.
- Sheep/Goat Costume Contest - Wednesday at 4 p.m. Open to any exhibitor showing sheep or goats. Contest consists of a short 5 minute or less narrative written by the exhibitor and costumes for both exhibitor and animal that go with the narrative. Judging will be based on originality, promotion of the sheep and/or goat projects, workmanship of costumes, and control of animal. Sign up will run similarly to the Beef and Sheep Grooming Contests.
To view score cards and other information from State 4-H click Judging Standards. Not all departments at the fair use score cards but they are still a good guideline when working our fair projects.
Fair Clean Up
- Fairgrounds Clean Up Schedule
- 2020 Food Stand Schedule
Project Auction / Livestock Auction
- Project Auction 101 Video (for 4-H’ers who want to participate)
- Promotion Video (to share with potential buyers)
- 2019 Project Auction Rules
- 2019 Project Auction Flyer
- 10 Tips for a Better Buyer's Letter
- Sample Letter to Buyers
- 2018 Project/Livestock Auction Brochure
Barnyard Olympics flyer
- Astronomy Project Guidelines
- Telescope Exhibit Form and Score Sheet
- Educational Exhibit Score Sheet
- Cloverbud Judging Sign Up
- Livestock Tag Numbers and Weights
- Public Presentations Schedule
- Rocket Exhibit Information Form