Johnson County Fair
For more information about the fair visit www.jocokansasfair.com.
To make online entries for the Johnson County Fair click HERE.
An electronic version of the 2019 Johnson County Fair 4-H/FFA Book is available HERE. Please note that the following important changes were made to the Fair Book this year.
Fair Book Changes for 2019
- Livestock Rules
- Updated to allow for up to 3 market animals (cattle, swine, goats, and sheep).
- The rule "In order to show in showmanship exhibitor must own the animal he or she is showing and the animal must be entered in a market or breeding class" was added.
- Updated to specify that in order to be considered for best kept pen or stall, exhibitor must have his or her name on the pen or stall.
- Project Auction Rules
- A W-9 Tax ID form is only required if a project is sold for $600 or more.
- Entry forms are due by 12 p.m. on Thursday and must be turned in at the Green Building.
- Fashion Revue
- The Constructed Garment Fiber Arts classes were removed.
- The date of the Public Fashion Revue has been moved to the Wednesday evening a week before fair.
- Rate of Gain was removed from all livestock.
To view score cards and other information from State 4-H click Judging Standards. Not all departments at the fair use score cards but they are still a good guideline when working our fair projects.
Fair Clean Up
Project Auction / Livestock Auction
- Project Auction 101 Video (for 4-H’ers who want to participate)
- Promotion Video (to share with potential buyers)
- 2019 Project Auction Rules
- 2019 Project Auction Flyer
- 10 Tips for a Better Buyer's Letter
- Sample Letter to Buyers
- 2018 Project/Livestock Auction Brochure
Barnyard Olympics flyer
- Livestock Tag Numbers and Weights