Areas of Specialization:
- Extension Master Gardener volunteer management
- Flowers, annuals and perennials
- Horticultural environmental issues
- Ornamentals, trees and shrubs
Dennis hails from south central Kansas growing up on a wheat farm near Caldwell, Kansas. He developed a love of nature and plants from his grandmother who was an avid gardener and enjoyed sharing plants with friends and neighbors. After attending college at Kansas State University, Dennis worked briefly on a commercial vegetable farm in central Kansas before working with the K-State Research and Extension. His Extension career started in McPherson County before joining the Johnson County staff.
- B.S. College of Agriculture, Horticulture, Kansas State University,
- M.S. Adult Education, Kansas State University