1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Johnson County
  4. »Natural Resources
  5. »Pond Management
  6. »Homeowners Association Pond Management
  7. »Water Testing

Johnson County

Research-based Information You Can Trust — Localized for your needs

Johnson County
11811 S. Sunset Drive
Suite 1500
Olathe, KS 66061

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday,
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

(913) 715-7000
(913) 715-7005 fax

Map to our office

K-State Research and Extension is committed to making its services, activities and programs accessible to all participants. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting Johnson County Extension at (913)715-7000. Notify staff of accommodation needs as early as possible.

Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service

K-State Research and Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Water Testing

Most ponds are able to filter or settle out contaminants so they are not an issue for fish, wildlife or humans. If you suspect a problem though, the only way to know for sure is to test for contaminants like harmful blue-green algae's, excessive salt, fertilizers or others.

Water Testing and Analysis

Blue-Green Algae Testing
The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory is able to test water samples for harmful blue-green algae's.

Water Analysis for Kansas Farmers
The Kansas State University Soil Testing Lab offers nutrient and irrigation water quality analysis for producers. Full drinking water analysis is not offered.

Water & Wastewater Testing
SDK Laboratories is a commercial lab with options for several water tests.
Note: This resource is listed for informational purposes only. It does not imply endorsement or recommendation of the company or its services by either K-State Research and Extension or Johnson County K-State Research and Extension.

Water Analysis and Fees
The University of Missouri Extension offers water testing and analysis through their Soil Testing and Plant Diagnostic Services. Instructions on how to take a water sample and the fees analysis are listed on this site.

Contact Us

Juju Wellemeyer 
Natural Resources and Mid/Small Scale Agriculture Agent       juju.Wellemeyer@jocogov.org