Pumpkin Oat Bars Recipe
These pumpkin oat bars give you all the fall flavors without all the extra calories, added sugar, and fat of traditional pumpkin bars. These bars are made with oats so are a gluten free option. Add your favorite nut like pecan or walnuts for some extra crunch and flavor.
• 2 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
• 1/2 cup oat flour
• 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
• 1 cup milk
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
• 1/2 cup desired mix-ins: dark chocolate chips
• Optional: Chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8×8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, milk, egg, maple syrup, and peanut butter until smooth. Add the wet ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients, then gently stir by hand, just until combined. Fold in any desired mix-ins.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until golden and set on top, dry at the edges, and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Let cool in the pan completely, then slice into bars.
Recipe adapted from WellPlated
Want more great food tips, recipes and nutrition info?
Sign up to receive In Good Health each month in your email inbox.