1. K-State home
  2. »Research and Extension
  3. »Johnson County
  4. »4-H Youth Development
  5. »Forms and Resources
  6. »Record Books

Johnson County

Research-based Information You Can Trust — Localized for your needs

Johnson County
11811 S. Sunset Drive
Suite 1500
Olathe, KS 66061

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday,
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

(913) 715-7000
(913) 715-7005 fax

Map to our office

K-State Research and Extension is committed to making its services, activities and programs accessible to all participants. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting Johnson County Extension at (913)715-7000. Notify staff of accommodation needs as early as possible.

Kansas State University Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service

K-State Research and Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Record Books

One of the true 4-H learning experiences is record keeping. This does take time, but the 4-H’er actually learns important skills that will benefit them in the future. This will be kept as long as the 4-H member remains a 4-H’er. All 4-H members are asked to complete a 4-H Record Book each year as part of 4-H Membership. A record book will be composed of a Completed Personal Page and the Permanent Record. 4-H’ers are also encouraged to complete a Membership Pin application each year.

Record Books, Project Report Forms and Membership Pin applications should all be submitted to your club leader by the due date as specified by your club leader. Each club will have a different deadline. Your leaders will then submit these to the Extension Office by the given due date.

Keeping records throughout the year helps to ease the pressure of deadlines some feel when record books are due. Parents are advised to oversee the child’s work, but the records should be completed by the child as part of their 4-H learning experience.


Personal Page
This is completed yearly by the 4-H’er. The 4-H member will write basic information about themselves for the current year.

Permanent Record
This is completed yearly and is a summary of what the 4-H’er has completed within the last year. This document is also kept and added to for each additional 4-H year completed.

Membership Pin
Membership pins are designed to recognize youth for achieving that level of participation in the 4-H program. This is not a competitive process. All youth who complete an application and whose application is judged as complete will receive a recognition pin.

Kansas 4-H Project Report Form
A Project Report Form is completed for those projects where you wish to compete for a Local Project Award. Each project will have its own separate form submitted in a separate folder and should not be contained within the 4-H Record book.

  • All Project Report Form information can be found on the State 4-H Website
  • Johnson County Project Report Form Overview Session Slides (March 2021)

Officer Pinshttps://www.johnson.k-state.edu/4-h/events-programs/officer-training.html

Leader Resources

  • Click HERE for Club Leader Resources


Important Links

Follow us on social media: 
        facebook instagram 
 KSRE and 4-H Logo