One of the true 4-H learning experiences is record keeping. This does take time, but the 4-H’er actually learns important skills that will benefit them in the future. This will be kept as long as the 4-H member remains a 4-H’er. All 4-H members are asked to complete a 4-H Record Book each year as part of 4-H Membership. A record book will be composed of a Completed Personal Page and the Permanent Record. 4-H’ers are also encouraged to complete a Membership Pin application each year. Record Books, KAP forms and Membership Pin applications should all be submitted to your club leader by the due date as specified by your club leader. Each club will have a different deadline. Your leaders will then submit these to the Extension Office by the given due date.
Keeping records throughout the year helps to ease the pressure of deadlines some feel when record books are due. Parents are advised to oversee the child’s work, but the records should be completed by the child as part of their 4-H learning experience.
- Johnson County 4-H Award Procedures
- Record Book Resource
- Record Book Flowchart
- 2019 Achievement Program
- 2018 Achievement Program
- 2017 Achievement Program
- 2016 Achievement Program
This is completed yearly by the 4-H’er. The 4-H member will write basic information about themselves for the current year.
This is completed yearly and is a summary of what the 4-H’er has completed within the last year. This document is also kept and added to for each additional 4-H year completed.
Membership pins are designed to recognize youth for achieving that level of participation in the 4-H program. This is not a competitive process. All youth who complete an application and whose application is judged as complete will receive a recognition pin.
- Membership Pin Application 1-9
- 10 Year Membership Pin
- 11 Year Membership Pin
- 12 Year Membership Pin
- Key Award (**2019-2020 COVID Adjusted Key Award Form**)
- Cloverbud Participation Recognition
Kansas 4-H Award Portfolio (KAP)
A KAP is only needed for those projects where you wish to compete for a Local Project Award. Each project will have its own separate KAP form submitted in a separate folder and not contained within the 4-H Record book.
- President and Vice President-(See Award Procedures)
- Treasurer (Book Required - Scoring Sheet)
- Secretary (Book Required - Scoring Sheet)
- Corresponding Secretary- (Book Required - Scoring Sheet)
- Reporter-(Book Required - Scoring Sheet)
- Historian-(Book Required - Scoring Sheet)
- Parliamentarian-(Book Required - Scoring Sheet)
- County Council Representative Pin Application
- Click HERE for Club Leader Resources