Johnson County Extension Master Gardener Public Garden Tour
The Garden Tour returns May 21 and 22, 2021. After postponing last year’s event, we are excited for the opportunity to share five of the best gardens in Johnson County.
There are a few changes to this year’s tour. First, we request visitors wear masks and social distance while in these private gardens. Second, we are going paperless. When you purchase your ticket, you will receive information on how to digitally view, or print at home if you prefer, information about each garden. Also available will be educational fact sheets on topics such as boxwoods, conifers, rain gardens, shade gardens, and color in the garden.
No refunds on unused tickets. We hope you enjoy these gardens as much as we do and hope to see you on the tour!
Hosted by the Johnson County K-State Research and Extension Master Gardeners (EMGs), this beloved biennial event is your chance to peek inside and tour five of the most beautiful private gardens in Kansas City.
Gardens for 2021
- An Artful Garden - Faulkner Garden
- Botanical Elegance - Reichel Garden
- Woodland Possibilities - Bergmann Garden
- Countryside Collection - Householder Garden
- Serenity at the Water’s Edge - Padley Garden
Why We're Different
Our garden tour is unique! Each garden is owned and maintained by one of our EMGs.
By opening up these private gardens you get a rare chance to wander through your neighbor's backyard and see and learn from local experts.
While on the tour you will receive information about each garden and educational fact sheets full of practical tips and ideas.
Ask the Experts
We welcome your questions as we want you to learn from your experience. The garden owners and our university-trained EMG volunteers will be available throughout the tour to answer all your questions.
We are confident you will discover a gem that appeals to your individual taste. Take time to stop, look, listen, photograph and enjoy! We encourage pictures!
Biennial — Every other year
You don’t want to miss your chance to enjoy these private gardens. years.
You'll come away dreaming of all the simple things you can do to transport your own landscape from dull to delightful.
Shop Our Garden Boutique - Available in 2021:
- Handcrafted Leaves and Hypertufa — Our Extension Master Gardeners volunteers have let their creative juice flow for you! Back is the popular sand casted ornamental leaves. This year new leaf patterns including rhubarb, banana and lotus. Also new is charming hypertufa pots with optional stand. The garden boutique will be featured at the Countryside Collection garden stop.
- Fairy Houses — Each unique fairy house is handcrafted. There will a variety of houses to choose from for purchase during the tour!