Let's Get Growing - Vegetable Gardening
So you are motivated to try to grow your own vegetables. Not sure where to begin? Maybe you have tried before without much success? Even the most seasoned gardener had to start somewhere. Don’t worry. We have all the rescources you need to succeed.
There are many benefits to a vegetable garden. We all know consuming fresh fruits and vegetables is the basis of a healthy diet. What better way to supplement your diet than from your own garden? Vegetable gardening helps reduce stress by getting you out into the fresh air and sunshine. Gardening is also a great source of exercise.
This series of short videos will provide you with timely tips and information to help you harvest a bountiful crop. Step-by-step, they are your guide to success.
- Introduction to Vegetable Gardening
- Locating the Vegetable Garden
- What type of garden bed is right for you?
- Deciding What to Grow
- Growing Seasons - Spring, Summer and Fall
- Inground Garden Bed
- Gardening in a Raised Bed
- Container Gardening
- Getting a Soil Test
- Space Saving Tips – Go Vertical
- Watering the Garden
- Garden Fertilization
- Mulching the Garden Saves Time
- Getting a Hand on Weeds
- What’s Bugging You? Pest Control
Helpful Resources for Success:
- Kansas Garden Guide
- Soil Testing
- Raised Bed Garden Spacing
- Kansas State Extension Vegetable Resources
- Johnson County Extension Master Gardener Fact Sheets