The Johnson County Extension program has a wealth of knowledge provided by our horticulture agent, Dennis Patton. Dennis has developed numerous articles for the local media and press releases on timely topics. These articles can assist you with finding the information you need to make wise choices in the lawn or garden.
- Backyard Bird Feeding
- Protect our Pollinators, Delay Spring Cleanup
- Clay Soil: It shrinks and swells
- Deer Damage -- Oh My, Deer!
- Defining Sun Requirements for Plants
- Demonstration Garden Support
- Fall Garden Soil Preparation
- Farmers Markets in Johnson County, Kansas
- Gardening in Kansas City
- Garden Tool Care
- Gifts for Gardeners
- Holiday Decorating with Fresh Greenery
- Ice Melts Help But Can Be Harmful
- Keys to Watering in Kansas City
- Mistletoe - A Parasite Steeped in Tradition
- Rabbit Damage Prevention in the Landscape
- Rock Mulch, a Solution, or a Problem?
- Soil pH and Nutrients
- Solutions for Getting Rid of Fall’s Abundant Leaves
- Starting Seeds: Growing Your Own Seeds: How to set up your lights
- Starting Your Own Seeds
- Summer Watering Strategies: It starts in spring!
- Thank you Extension Master Gardeners
- Dealing with Waterlogged Soils
- Watering the Summer Landscape
- Winter Survival Tips for Gardeners
- Wood Mulch from Ice-damaged Trees