K-State Research and Extension’s SNAP-Ed Program, Johnson County
Part Time: (.5 FTE)
Application Deadline: Monday, August 7
The SNAP-Ed Program is a statewide nutrition education program that is funded through the USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly known as the Food Stamp Program) and administered by Kansas State University Research and Extension.
The successful candidate for the Program Assistant position will:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and deliver nutrition education programming.
- Deliver nutrition education to SNAP eligible clients.
- Develop partnerships and contacts with local service agencies, school districts and other community agencies.
- Participate in local coalitions/collaborations that would benefit the education of limited resource clients.
- Report to Johnson County K-State Research and Extension Family & Consumer Sciences Agent.
- Prepare SNAP-Ed report of activities for submission to state SNAP-Ed Office and county Extension board and keep track of financial records for the program.
- Attend SNAP-Ed and other training as needed to enhance professional skills in reaching this audience.
- Serve as a public relations representative for the program and K-State Research and Extension in Johnson County.
- Attend SNAP-Ed and other training as needed to obtain information on about programs and how to deliver them to this audience.
Education: BS/BA in Nutrition, Family & Consumer Sciences, Education, or closely related field;
- knowledge about low income audience;
- people skills;
- demonstrated leadership skills in delivery of educational programs;
- organizational skills,
- willingness to work with others; and
- knowledge of subject matter material.
- The candidate must have valid Driver’s License, insurance and reliable transportation.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer; a background check is required. Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees. This appointment is contingent upon continuing availability of funding and need for these services.
- Experience in similar program or providing nutrition education to limited resource families and youth;
- familiarity with K-State Research and Extension (KSRE),
- with the KSRE health initiative, and the Family Nutrition Program;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, Word and online data entry;
- basic website content updating; and
- proficiency in presentation software such as PowerPoint or Prezi.
Send cover letter, resume, transcript, and two letters of reference to Crystal Futrell, Family & Consumer Sciences Agent, Johnson County K-State Research and Extension, Suite 1500, 11811 S. Sunset Dr, Olathe 66061 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, call 913-715-7000. The screening of applicants will begin August 7, 2017, and continue until the position is filled.