Office Professional Administrative Support
Part Time: 20 hours per week (not to exceed 995 hours per calendar year)
Application Deadline: Friday, July 6
The Office Professional is responsible for greeting, welcoming and directing the public and visitors to the appropriate individual, event or information. This role serves as support for the Agriculture, Natural Resources and Local Foods programs, performing basic administrative duties. A major portion of this position will be working with our Extension Master Naturalist volunteers and activities involved in the program.
- Answer and direct calls. Respond to routine requests from the public and volunteers.
- Prepare and distribute paper and electronic materials.
- Maintain program webpages.
- Process class and event registrations utilizing online software.
- Prepare routine documents, logs, reports, etc. Sort and file materials.
- Maintain databases and mail lists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Customer service focused. Must enjoy working with the public and exhibit grace under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Learn quickly, follow instructions, multi-task with good time-management skills and attention to detail. Strong organizational skills required.
- Writing, spelling, grammar and basic math.
- Operate general office equipment and personal computers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 suites and programs, including Publisher and Outlook.
- Comfortable learning software database programs including: Constant Contact, PEARS, and CMS
- Word processing, spreadsheet and database management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma. Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience working in an office environment
- Ability to work part-time, Monday – Friday
- Occasional evening or weekend hours
Work duties are primarily sedentary and will be performed at a desk or in an office environment. Work may require some repetitive movement of the arms and hands. There may be some moderate physical exertion such as carrying supplies and other items associated with educational events.
K-State Research and Extension is committed to making its services, activities, and programs accessible to all participants. If you have special requirements due to a physical, vision, or hearing disability, please contact our office. K-State Research and Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer.