Program Coordinator, Family & Consumer Sciences
Johnson County K-State Research and Extension, Olathe, KS
Part Time: 20 hours per week
The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning and coordinating events within Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS), including monthly EMFV (Extension Master Food Volunteer) youth and adult classes, advanced training opportunities and speaker events. This position will work closely with the FCS Agents to coordinate programs/events and assist where necessary.
- Answer and direct calls. Respond to routine requests from the public and volunteers.
- Work with EMFVs to plan, schedule, publicize monthly classes and advanced training opportunities and speaker events.
- Write and compile articles for three newsletters: weekly, monthly and bi-monthly.
- Coordinate Walk Kansas with County Agent.
- Represent Extension at the Johnson County - Take Your Child to Work Day event.
- Assist with the annual EMFV recognition event.
- Post information on social media.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Customer service focused. Must enjoy working with the public and exhibit grace under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Learn quickly, follow instructions, multi-task with good time-management skills and attention to detail. Strong organizational skills required.
- Writing, spelling, grammar and basic math.
- Operate general office equipment and personal computers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 suites and programs, including Publisher and Outlook.
- Comfortable learning software database programs including: Constant Contact, PEARS(Program, Evaluation and Reporting System), and CMS (Content management System)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year institute. (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years working in program management.
- Ability to work part-time, Monday – Friday
Work duties are primarily sedentary and will be performed at a desk or in an office environment. Work may require some repetitive movement of the arms and hands. There may be some moderate physical exertion such as carrying supplies and other items associated with educational events.
How to apply:
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com for questions call 913-715-7000
- Accepting applications through Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Salary range: $12-15 dollars per hour
K-State Research and Extension is committed to making its services, activities, and programs accessible to all participants. If you have special requirements due to a physical, vision, or hearing disability, please contact our office. K-State Research and Extension is an equal opportunity provider and employer.