4-H Youth Development Agent
Areas of Specialization:
- Positive youth development
- Volunteer training
- Youth camps
- Experiential learning
- Science education
Ami grew up in Whittier, California and has enjoyed working with youth since high school where she served as a peer tutor. In college, she continued working with youth as a BruinCorp volunteer while completing her degree in Biology. Upon graduation, she served as a middle school Science and Health Teacher at Los Angeles Unified School District.
Ami moved to Kansas in 2015 with her husband Jieshan and dog Choco. She continued her teaching career in Gardner, KS until she started as an Youth Development Agent in 2018. During her time as a teacher, she was involved in gardening, fishing, environmental education, First Lego League, and putting together after-school science clubs on campus. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and dogs, playing board games, and arts & crafts.
- Kansas Wildlife and Park Angler Instructor Certification
- National Board Certified Teacher - Early Adolescent, Science
- B.S. Biology - University of California Los Angeles
- M.Ed. Secondary Education - University of California Los Angeles