Johnson County 4-H Livestock
- Poulty Testing for Avian Influenza and Pullorum Brochure
- 2022 Poultry P-T Testing Dates
- 2022 Tag Numbers
- Kansas 4-H livestock projects resource page
- List of Spring Shows in Kansas
- Kansas 4-H Dog Show Rules (updated Jan. 2023)
- Kansas 4-H Horse Show Rulebook (updated Jan. 2023)
- Horse Identification Certificate (updated Jan. 2023)
- Form Fillable Horse ID Certificate
- 3-Year Snaffle Bit Form (make sure to include a $10 check made out to "Kansas 4-H Foundation" as well)
- Horse Identification Certificate Example
- Horseless Horse Certificate (updated Jan. 2023)
State Livestock Nomination
For more information regarding the State Nomination process, please visit the Youth Livestock page www.asi.k-state.edu/research-and-extension/youth-programs/nominated-livestock/.
What is YQCA
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) is a new, national, multi-species livestock quality assurance program available for youth ages 8-21. This annual educational and certification program focuses on food safety, animal well-being, and character awareness for youth producing and/or showing livestock. The species targeted in the training includes swine, beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, goats, market rabbits, and poultry. Extension specialists and animal industry representatives were involved in designing the program with the intent to provide a national, standardized livestock quality assurance applicable to multiple species. The curriculum is designed to provide different modules annually, so youth will expand their knowledge by covering new topics every year.
Who needs to be certified?
- Youth planning to exhibit in the Kansas State Fair Grand Drive and/or the Kansas Junior Livestock Show (KJLS) must meet the Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) requirement. Both state shows will require ALL exhibitors to be YQCA certified. This includes youth showing market animals, commercial females, and registered purebred breeding females.
- This certification is required for livestock exhibitors at the Johnson County Fair.
Options for getting YQCA Certified
- Instructor-Led Training ($3) – You MUST be on time to get certified.
- Online Training ($12)
*Register online at www.yqcaprogram.org.
Johnson County Spring Livestock Shows
Beef Show - April 15, 2023, 9 a.m.
Goat and Sheep Shows - June 3, 2023, 9 a.m.
Swine and Bucket Calf Shows - June 4, 2023; Swine-9:30 a.m., Bucket Calf-Interviews in Fair office @ 12 p.m., Show @ 1 p.m. or 30 minutes following the Swine Show
Johnson County 4-H Horse Shows
The Johnson County 4-H Horse Shows are sponsored and hosted by the Johnson County 4-H Horse Club. The location of the shows vary, please refer to the Horse Show Bill. 4-H'ers outside of Johnson County are also invited to show at our spring shows.
Northeast District Horse Show
Johnson County 4-H Dog Club