Healthy Yards and Environment
Kansas Healthy Yards and Communities is an environmental initiative sponsored by Kansas State University Research and Extension. The program's mission is to have yards and communities that enhance our quality of life through earth-friendly practices.
- Kansas Healthy Yards and Communities
- Kansas Healthy Yards Self-Assessment (Find out how you are doing in your landscape)
- Kansas Healthy Yards Videos
Maintaining a Healthy Yard and Environment
Here are some specific tips you can follow each month to make sure your yard is a healthy yard and environment.
- April: Don't Start Watering Lawn Too Early
- May: Proper Lawn Maintenance
- June: Scoop the Poop
- July: Water Your Lawn Correctly
- September: Restoring Your Lawn
- October: Leaves. Leaves. Leaves.
- November: Ten Commandments of Water Quality
- December: Use Ice Melts Sparingly
Maintain your lawn equipment to keep them running smoothly so that they emit fewer pollutants. Find out specific tips you can follow to help do your part. Click here.