Home and Family
Formerly known as Home Economics, the mission of Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) is to link education with life experiences to help people improve their lives, their families and their communities. Johnson County employs two FCS agents who are responsible for their assigned program content; Home and Family, and Nutrition and Health.
Denise Dias is our Home and Family agent. She specializes in
- Budgeting and Basic Record Keeping
- Clothing, Sewing and Laundry Education
- Cut the Clutter and Get Organized
- Dressing Professionally on a Budget
- Essential Living Skills Programs
- Hoarding: The Impact of Compulsive Keepers
- Radon Awareness Program for Kansas
- SHICK – Senior Health Insurance Counseling for Kansas
- Stay Strong, Stay Healthy
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program Management
No matter what you need, stop by, email or give us a call. We're here to help!