Four-Course Living Residential Staff Information
Class will come to you!
Date: What works well for you
Time: What works well for you
Location: Your residence, usually in the kitchen, maybe around the dinner table
To register, call Jean Porter at (913) 236-5019.
For many adults with developmental disabilities, the opportunity to improve nutrition and have healthier meal options depends on their Residential or Day Service Providers. As a service provider, you understand how difficult it can be to help manage your residents' expenses and choices while actively involving them in meal planning and preparation. Four Course Living is pleased to offer Residential and Day service provider classes.
Crystal Futrell, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health & Food Safety County Extension Agent, will instruct the class with input from Jean Porter and Sherry Carter, Extension Master Food Volunteers.
- Basic Nutrition and Practice
- Meal Planning and Preparation with those you serve
- We will prepare samples for staff and residents to taste
- Improve knowledge of good nutrition
- Learn about portion control, healthy food options, balanced meals
- Discover ways to go from meal planning, to grocery shopping, to preparation
- Integrating the people you serve into the meal planning and preparation process
- Begin a book of easy recipes to prepare for residents
In addition to attending these residential staff classes, providers are encouraged to participate in our other Four-Course Living cooking classes with the individuals they serve. These cooking classes provide great hands-on experience to foster collaboration and independent living skills in the kitchen.