Johnson County K-State Centennial Celebration
100 years of serving Johnson County residents!
Date: Saturday, September 30
Time: 10 am - 3 pm
Location: Johnson County Arts and Heritage Center, 8788 Metcalf, Suite 2500, Overland Park, KS 66212
Free Community Reception
Together we've weathered two World Wars, a Dust Bowl, the Great Depression, the Great Recession, and much, much more. It's time to party!
Please join us as we honor our history together and celebrate our 100 year anniversary at a community reception.
Drop by for fun
- family activities
- educational programs
- food and refreshments (while supplies last)
Door Prizes — Be sure to pick up your passport at the door and fill it out to be eligible for our fabulous door prizes!
Grand Prize: KitchenAid® 5‑Quart Tilt Head Stand Mixer in Empire Red.
(Pictures shown are for illustration purpose and may not be exact.)
- KitchenAid® Hand Mixer (2 given away)
- Theater in the Park Tickets (2 tickets to Godspell at the Jo Co Arts & Heritage Center on Saturday, Oct 21 at 7:30 PM. Tickets can be exchanged for another performance. Godspell runs October 6 - 22, 2017)
- Johnson County Museum Family Day Pass - (3 given away. Each pass valued at $16.)
- Quality Hill Playhouse - (2 tickets to a regular season performance, with some restrictions. Value $78.)
- Voucher for a Free Cooking Class
- $75 Off Any 4-H Camp or State Event
- Concrete Leaf Garden Art
- Farm Bureau Gift Pack
- Family Game Night Prize Pack
All winners will also receive a tote, t-shirt and tumbler!
In 1917 the Johnson County Cooperative Extension office opened its doors. The goal was to bring the land grant university resources and knowledge to the citizens of our county. Kansas State University Research and Extension has been in partnership with the Johnson County government for a century. We have been providing unbiased scientific resources and serving as the bridge between the academic side to the public side for 100 years. As the cooperative extension it is our goal to serve in cooperation with the citizens by working together for solutions for individual problems.
Please join us in celebrating the past, present and future of Johnson County Extension.